Monday, June 1, 2015

Nice crabs and clams 5/26/2015



It's been a long 2 weeks since I've been out on the water. The wind just won't stop blowing. I put in down on the Assawoman canal and headed out to the little Assawoman bay. The water has risen to 78 degrees. Wow! I ran the shore line; my favorite way to crab. Lots of little crabs.  What a great sign.
In about an hour I caught two dozen keepers and four peelers for bait. Took a ride down to OC where the tide was way out and the water was filthy, but very warm at 72 degrees. Other than the commercial crabbers there were very few fisherman. With the tide so low, I decided to stop and clam north of Hoopers Crab House. With no clam rack, I still managed to dig 4 dozen nice clams in about an hour just using my feet. Afterwards I took a ride out in the Inlet where it was loaded with Clear Nosed Skates. It looked like I was being circled by shark fins.  It was pretty cool. Wish I would of thought to get a picture. Didn't fish with the water being so dirty and called it a day after that.

 My daughter-in-law and daughter do Arts and Crafts shows under the name Crafty Crabs. They had a show in Oceanview, Delaware on Saturday, 5/30/2015, at the Good Earth Market and Birch Tree Cafe.  My wife and I helped out. It was a great show, and we sold a lot of nice stuff including quite a few of the fishing rigs that I build. You can see a picture of them on our blog. We sell them at Ike and Vinas Bait and Tackle down near Holts Landing or @ our Etsy Site . They sell for 2 for 5 dollars and we will ship them to you. Apparently, we sold enough that the girls took us Sunday to Hoopers Crab House where the service and crabs were outstanding. The crabs were big and full.  It tasted like they are steaming their crabs and shrimp in some type of butter brine that was out of this world. Amanda, our server, took great care of us and when the 6 of us get together to eat crabs we keep our server running.

Should start fishing a lot more starting the first week in June so I'll keep you informed on whats going on in OC as well as Indian River.

No comments:

Post a Comment