Monday, June 8, 2015

Fishin' in the storm 6/6/2015

 Good morning, this morning, on this fine and lovely morning.  That's what my grandfather would say every morning.  A long week of rain, wind and boredom.  Wonderful forecast for Saturday.  First stop, dipping crabs off the shore bank. The water had cooled off at 65 degrees in the Little Assawoman. Was very surprised when I found a lot of crabs and some pretty ones.   Managed to catch 2 dozen hard crabs, two nice softies, and seven peelers. The wind was blowing at 5 to 10 out of the northwest.  Ok, not bad.

Headed south to route 90, stopped and caught some big bull minnows. Now I'm ready to flounder fish. The water at route 90 bridge was still about 65 and clean.  Wow this is going to be a great day fishing. So I thought.  As I approached route 50, I noticed it sure was getting dark.  Weird, no rain in the forecast.  That' s strange.  Everybody is heading in.  Must have  slammed 'em.  Ha!  Then the sky opened up.  I would have stayed drier if I had fallen in the water.  Rain, thunder, and heavy winds.  It was a nasty little storm.  Well, still nice to get out.

Did see Big Bird Cropper and his neighbor, Dave, land 4 small stripers before the typhoon hit. One thing for sure, if and when this weather clears up there should be a few flounder to be caught. Remember to just let a couple go.  Thanks. Going to try to fish a few days next week so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment