Monday, June 15, 2015

Croakers are here

It's Wednesday the 10th of June and I got the opportunity to crab and fish today. I put in down on the Assawoman Canal where the water was a balmy 82 degrees. Ran the shore banks for about an hour and caught 32 keeper hard crabs and 4 peelers. Saw quite a few 2" Needlefish in the shallows which, in past years, mean the spot should be there. A DNR agent told me years ago that Stripers love to eat Needlefish.  I caught Needlefish in the fall that were 6" long with a throw net, should have tried them for Striper but I was always Tog fishing.

Ran down to the OC Inlet and fished with peelers for a couple hours. Caught 1 Tog @ 16", 2 small Croakers, and 2 Blue Fish about 4 lbs each. The tide was running out strong and was very dirty so didn't even try Flounder fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment