Saturday, July 18, 2015

Official name of Manatee 7/17/2015

Headed out in the afternoon around 1pm.   Beautiful day in the high 70's with a light breeze.  Went looking for the Manatee down near the Ocean City Coast Guard Station. I looked everywhere, near and far.  I think she headed up on the boardwalk to ride the rides, grab some candy at Candy Kitchens, stop by and view the Ocean City Museum, and then hit Thrashers for some of those fine French Fries with lots of salt and vinegar. Well, anyway, I would like to officially name her like they do the Manatees that venture into the Chesapeake Bay.  Her name shall be "Dumbluck". This is based on "dumb" thoughts that brought her into Ocean City and her "luck" not to get run over by the hundred of boats traveling through the inlet on a daily basis. Just kidding.  I think it's great we get the opportunity to see some of God's great creatures, (This is probably what the Manatee will tell her kids that she saw on her trip.)  I still ponder why all this happens in one summer.  Global Warming?  I do believe you will see a lot more of this in the near future.  I am going to start a commercial Shrimp Boat.  It's just a matter of time before the Shrimp show up.

Did fish for a few hours yesterday.  First drift in the middle channel.  Line wasn't in the water a minute and bam! nice flounder.  Wow!  Going to slam 'em today!   Well, must have hit him in the head with the bait because that was it.   I did manage to catch two more but they were smaller.

Decided to head out in the inlet where I caught at least 30 nice croakers and brought home 5 for my lunch today. Not many people fishing. Quite a few boats coming in from offshore flying Tuna and released Marlin flags. The Morning Star came in as well while I was in the inlet.  Must have had a good day because everybody on the boat looked like they had a good time.

'Til next week and please be nice to Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment